Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Show and Tell Tuesday

Let me first start by saying or shouting...THERE IS A BEACH OUTSIDE THOSE CURTAINS.  - Please read last post and that will make sense.  I spoke to Lee Ann and she set me straight. ;)

The countdown until school starts has definitely begun at our house.  We are trying to cram in as much as we can in these last few days before it's back to a busy school/sports schedule.  It isn't enough that I am finishing a new quilt pattern and trying to get the quilt quilted...I had to start a new design, as well as started painting my downstairs family room, and then have decided to move furniture from room to room upstairs.

Phew...I need a vacation from summer break.

As I sat and quilted today...
I thought of a couple of things I want to share with you about machine quilting.
 
1.  Sit up higher than the table.  You won't get a back ache and your arms will be at the correct angle.
2.  If needed, don't be afraid to turn your sewing machine at an angle.  Hey, no one says you can't pretend it's a long arm machine.
3.  Fill at least 6 bobbins before you start.  You will be glad you did.
4. Spray baste your quilt with 505 Spray and Fix...will NOT gum your needle and you will not need pins.
5. Wear machine quilting gloves that have grippy's on the fingertips.  It will make moving the quilt SO much easier.

Happy Tuesday...6 sleeps till school! :\

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting feedback on my posts...please leave me a note. Thank you!