Friday, June 14, 2013

Memory Quilt

At the quilt shop where I work I get the privilege of seeing customers creations and lately people have shared their memory quilts of pups who have passed to "doggy heaven".  At the time, I thought it was a sweet idea to make a wall hanging to have as a memory, but it didn't really hit a cord with me because I don't have a dog.  But when my parent's dog died a couple of months ago I knew right away what I wanted to do for them...make a memory quilt.

So I ran down to the Quilted Forest and got some really cute doggy fabric, some chevron batiq (how cool is that), and some really cute doggy ribbon and set to work.


I started by transferring the photo onto fabric photo paper with my inkjet printer, then randomly sewed on strips around the photo.  I then quilted it with circles and hand quilted around 'Angel' and added a little teeny weeny bow to her hair because she always had a bow in after she had her hair done.

I added some ribbon and put the binding on.  Using a really cool product called 'Lesley Riley's TAP Transfer Artist Paper', I printed a label and transferred it to the burlap...pretty cool stuff - you can transfer writing or photos onto just about anything.

I can tell you this because my parents don't read my blog (very often)...I'm going to hang it in their house today w/o them knowing and wait to see what they say...I know they will be elated!

All the products used in the wall hanging can be found at Quilted Forest - free shipping ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting feedback on my posts...please leave me a note. Thank you!