Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Show and Tell Tuesday...the Go To Drawer

First of all, I have to mention that my Craft Faire went very well last Saturday.  It was a lot of fun seeing all the fun treasures the vendors had to sell...I picked up a few items that I may share with you later.  And thank you to all my dear, sweet, friends who stopped by to shop despite the downpour of rain!  It meant so much to see you!
 
I have been sewing for many, many years.  Probably at least 18!  Not counting all the years before that that I was obsessed with cross stitching...which I did in college in between classes.  But, it just dawned on me a few days ago that I'm always searching in my sewing room for key tools that I can never find and I'm tired of that.  So I had a Light Bulb moment...! 
 
I grabbed a silverware orgnaizer that I had bought for a buck at a second hand store, stuck it in my sewing desk drawer and filled it with my 'essential' sewing tools.  Sewing machine feet, seam ripper, scissors, thimbles, rotary cutter, bobbins, pins, thread, etc...  Now all those tools that I need quickly while sewing are right by my side.  Yay! for good ideas. 
 
Now I'm wondering why on earth it took me this long to figure this out...

2 comments:

  1. I like your new logo. Is the orange color seasonal, or always? It is quite nice.

    Good to spend time with you today. I will miss that this winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joni, the orange is permanent...my favorite color too. :)

      Delete

I LOVE getting feedback on my posts...please leave me a note. Thank you!