Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Instagram Junkie...and a peek at my travels

I'm ashamed to say...I've become addicted to Instagram and it has been sucking up all my 'computer' time.  I love posting photos to Instagram and getting the immediate joy of having people 'love' my photos right away.  I have pondered the blogging vs. Instagram craze lately and I see the benefit and excitement of both...but, it begs the question, "Is blogging losing it's 'coolness'?  In a time when our society wants everything 'right now', it seems that looking thru Instagram photos is much more appealing than reading a long blog post.  And I have to admit...I LOVE getting the feedback on Instragram from the notes people leave, whereas my blog rarely has any comments left by readers...not sure why...but, in any case, I'm having fun posting my photos over there.   BUT, I say all that to say...I will be better at blogging because I know there are still my dear friends (and mother-in-law) who like to see what I'm up to. ;)  Sorry I've been away for awhile.  My absence can also be blamed for the many out-of-state volleyball tournaments I've gone to lately for my daughter, who is a junior in high school, 6'3", and hoping to play in college.

One of the things I'm currently working on is a Modern Traditional Mini Quilt Challenge thru Timeless Treasure Fabrics and Dear Stella Fabrics.  Quilts are due at the end of the month and the photos below are just a little sneak peak at what I'm working on.  The quilts can only measure 20" x 20", and that is a challenge!

Choosing Fabric for the Challenge
Working on Blocks for Challenge

Blocks are finished!

My travels this last month took me to Spokane and I could not go there without visiting the Buggy Barn - one of the cutest quilt shops around these parts, with great customer service too!

The Buggy Barn, Rearden, Washington


I also got to shop at Mary Jane Butter's Farm store in Coeur d'alene, Idaho.  I have always love Mary's magazine and it was so fun to go see her products in person.  I picked some some recipe issues and her Budget Mix, which I'm excited to use.

Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Janae for updating your blog...it is attached to ours so it's fun to see what you are up too....since I'm not up on the more modern methods of instagram or FB anymore for lack of time with our three toddler boys!!! I LOVE seeing your creations, though I don't have the patience to sew either at this stage of their little lives i.e. fingers poking buttons on the sewing machine, or under the needle or testing the pins out on each other or pulling fabric off the table to wad up and stuff here and there throughout the house (I'll pick it back up at a later stage-out of diapers!). Your ideas start bringing back a bit of the creativity that is somewhere out there. ;) - Becky (Bev's daughter)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky, so good to hear from you. I did not know you now have three boys...that is fantastic! I bet they are so much fun and I bet your mom loves them so much. I'm so glad to hear you read my blog. I'm going to do much better about posting at least every Thursday. Crazy how time flies and I don't get it done. Take care, and thanks for writing.

      Delete
  2. I have been missing you. I haven't blogged forever, and have not ever visited instagram. I have not done any quilting all winter and am into refashioning clothes, shoes and jewelry. I am settled back in my RV and am very glad its spring. I'm still working and hope to buy a car before July.

    After work today I will be checking out instagram.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my dear friend, Joni...so good to hear from you. I've been so bad at checking my blog that I didn't see until now that you had written. I think of you often and we must get together...let's do it this summer. So glad to hear you are back in your home. Did ya find me on Instagram?

      Delete

I LOVE getting feedback on my posts...please leave me a note. Thank you!