Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

Pondering this day of 'thanks'...I did a little research and I found a few facts.
  • The first recorded religious Day of Thanksgiving was held in 1623 in response to a providential rainfall.
  • In early autumn of 1621, the 53 surviving Pilgrims celebrated their successful harvest.
  • Abraham Lincoln began the tradition of an annual national Thanksgiving in 1863.
I am thankful that the Holiday is still observed and we can pause for a moment to reflect on our blessings.
 
As I reflect on the day...I'm reminded of those who may not see the Holidays as something to celebrate...people are hurting and this time of year can be very lonely.  Reach out and do something for someone in need...we all know someone who could use a little encouragement.
 
Like my pastor keeps reminding the congregation..."Everyone has a need, it may not be obvious on the outside, but we all do"...ask what that might be and help.
 
Enjoy your day...janae'

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting feedback on my posts...please leave me a note. Thank you!