Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Show and Tell Tuesday

 It's 8:30pm, and I just about missed posting for "Show and Tell Tuesday"...but, never fear, I am here to post my latest creation.

I used a pattern from the new book called "We Love Color: 16 Iconic Quilt Designers Create with Kona Solids" - the pattern was by Malka Dubrawsky.  I just have to say "I love her designs and her fabric". And when I saw her quilt I knew it was the one I would make to represent a fried green tomato for a challenge at Greenbaum's Quilted Forest.

I love the little quilt...I used only Kona solids, quilted it with circles, and bound it with bias binding.  The stem is done with raw edges exposed.  I thought I would be daring and put in a little touch of yellow - it was supposed to look more wavy than it does, but all it really did is make my seams not quite match, but I like it that way...I like things not so matchy, matchy.  If you want to see it in person, stop by the shop.

Quilt measures approx 50" in diameter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting feedback on my posts...please leave me a note. Thank you!